Oct 27, 2010

GAO Report on Guardianship Released

The GAO report on guardianship at the request of Senator Herb Kohl who chairs the Senate Special Committee on Aging has been released. This report focused primarily on abuse by guardians. It shows a system that is fraught with abuse, neglect, financial exploitation and lack of oversight. Many of us sent cases to the GAO and they received hundreds of reports of abuse from family members and victims. It is time for federal intervention and it is going to take more than just training judges and court personel. We need this industry to be regulated to ensure and enforce checks and balances and to stop the looting free for all by guardians and attorneys that is occuring in so many jurisdictions.

www.stopelderabuse.net

1 comment:

  1. Yes, take the case of Boldt v Newton Clackamas County Oregon CCV99-11-418, where I was able to remove the perpetrator, my son, from an erroneous estate plan, and revoked my Power of attorney. He appealed, and 10 years later, I am not only battling the Appellate Court, who refused to adjudicate on my evidence of a Res Judicata judgment, but by judicial errors, and fraud on the court, by an officer of the court, he was able to steal my inheritance under "Color of Law" -. The involuntary redistribution of my assets for his benefit during my lifetime. It was taken to Probate Court, without my knowledge, and a trustee appointed over the trust property via affidavit only. I was sent a blank form of a trust, void of dates, signatures or notary. A classic case of Extrinsic fraud, which the local District Attorney refuses to investigate and prosecute as a "criminal matter" Fraud and perjury are never civil matters by law.

    ReplyDelete